23 March 2008

a very busy easter weekend


Ian and I kicked-off our weekend together with a trip to Brighton for a long-overdue day (er, couple of hours--including drive time) of snowboarding. Ian did awesome on the chairlift, which I thought might be a little scary for him. He was totally relaxed and comfortable on the rides up and is getting pretty good at riding down the hill as well. a few more trips and he'll be an honest-to-goodness little shredder.


Saturday morning Ian had a date with mom to do an Easter egg hunt, so it was a quick breakfast at Hagermann's, then off with mom for the morning. Immediately after that Easter egg hunt was the annual Easter event at Jim and Joan's. Great to see all the Nichol cousins and catch up a little. HUGE thanks to Jim and Joan for this great Easter tradition. The new kitchen looks AMAZING.


From the easter egg hunt, Ian went with Riley and Parker to their house to play the Wii and I went climbing. Let me just say I haven't been climbing for about 15 years -- I use to go with some high school buddies, and while I really enjoyed it, they were the ones who were "climbers" while I was merely a "tag-alonger." So fast forward 15 years and more pounds than I care to expound upon... Dallen and Liz, who're new friends and not-so-new-neighbors that I've just recently actually met and started hanging out with a bit, invited me to go climbing and for some crazy reason I took them up on it. I bought some shoes and a harness (we'll just call it my Easter basket since the Easter bunny doesn't leave anything for dad at our house), so now all that remains is to shed those unexpounded pounds so I can carry myself up the mountain a little easier. Thanks Dallen & Liz for getting me out in my mountains. And congrats to Dallen on the first ascent of the new route.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

It was so good to see you and Ian at the Easter Egg hunt. Good times had by all, but poor Verna hates the kitchen. ;)

Jodi