12 June 2008

Adios, Mexico


I'm finally concluding my travelogue to Mexico. What a great trip -- I can't wait to go again, next time with Ian for sure. During most of what I experienced there I kept thinking how great it would be for him to have been there too, although I must say the time without parental or work-related responsibilities was very welcome -- a true vacation.

I woke up early to watch the sun come up over the ocean. It amazed me how fast the clouds blew by -- a perfect metaphor for the previous 7 days and my time in Mexico. I found evidence on our beach of a little confrontation between a bird and a crab. It appeared to me that the bird won. A quick final sweep through the casa to make sure I hadn't forgotten to pack anything and it's off to the aiport to go home. Graçias, Mexico. Se cambia mi vida.

1 comment:

The Simmons Story said...

I almost missed the rest of the trip, I thought you were lying about finishing your blog about Mexico when I pulled your blog up and it was still looking for love in charlotte. I think we need to start planning a trip with kids to Hawaii or Mexico... I want to take the boys some where cool.