12 June 2008

Deep Sea Fishing, Take 1


Monday Bob, Steve and Deb, my mom and I decided to go fishing with the guy who anchors his boat down on the beach behind our house. That's him in the blue hat off my left shoulder in the photo. He's a man of very few words, most of them monosyllabic. For $150 USD he'll take as many people as will fit in his boat out fishing for 3 hours. Or as it turns out, about 2 and a half hours. He told us to meet him at 8 am. The fact that he didn't arrive until 8:30 didn't change the end time of our 3 hour tour. Our 4 poles trolling on the back of the boat managed to lure 1 fish in the 2 and a half hours we spent out there on what I would describe as fairly rough seas. With about an hour left, mom got sick and threw up over the starboard side of the boat. I was quickest on the draw so I got to reel in the Mackerel we'd hooked. Our stoic guide filleted it on our beach when we got back and I cooked it on the grill for dinner that night. 

No comments: