23 June 2008

Looking for Love in Charlotte


I flew out to Charlotte, NC on June 12 to pick up my new bike. I packed all my gear in my old hockey bag, which came in just under American Airline's size limit and left about 10 lbs to spare:

1 borrowed GS Tank Bag (thanks Matt)
1 REI Hoodoo 3 Tent
1 Wiggy's Sleeping Bag
1 Thermarest Pad
1 REI Bivy Sack
Fieldsheer Riding Gear
Toiletries
3 pr underwear
3 pr socks
3 t-shirts
1 pr shorts
1 pr pants
Flip flops

All of which fits quite nicely on my newly acquired wheels. Now all that remains is to get acquainted and get on my way back to SLC before I loose my entire weekend with Ian.

I spent about half an hour just driving around Charlotte -- I wanted to get lost, if you want to know the truth, but I felt great on the bike. I stopped at some kind of fast food joint (I'd never heard of it and don't remember at all what it was) and consulted my map while some guy who thought he was sean jean cranked gangsta rap from his convertible in the parking lot.


My plan is to make it as close to Asheville as possible and find a place to camp for the night.

2 comments:

The Simmons Story said...

you've been a busy little blogger! It's was easter for a long time at your place. But who am I to talk.

Meili said...

For goodness sakes, update your blog!