23 June 2008

And Just Like That, It's June


Obviously I'm still playing a little catch up here... 

We ushered in June by spending another great weekend with the Vander Meydens at their cabin in Tabiona. With Sidekick in his crate taking up the entire back of the Subaru, we had to tie Ian's 4-wheeler to the roof to get it there, but I think Ian, Spencer and Matthew enjoyed having it. 


Ian really enjoyed the S'mores Andrea made using Melissa's modified S'mores technique -- Keebler Fudgestripe cookies instead of graham crackers and chocolate bars. I must say they were much easier to make. We slept out on the deck one night and watched the clouds roll by until the stars came out. Ian was asleep by then, but I was awestruck by the city-lightless summer night sky. I should get out of the city more often.

No comments: