12 June 2008

How I Ruined the Trip

The names have been removed from this post to protect the childish...

For Thursday, we had discussed going to see more ruins at Tulum and then to Xel Ha for some calmer seas snorkeling. (The ocean at our beach was a little strong -- I was the only one who could get out past the relentless current to the reef. At one point I made a makeshift tow rope with some cord and a couple of carabiners which I used to tow Bob out.)

Anyway, my decision to stay behind gave a few more people permission to opt out, and pretty soon more people were staying than going. This had the people who wanted to go a little put out. Sorry everyone. I just wanted a day to kick it by the pool, you know? Catch some rays? I mean here it is Thursday and I'm not even sunburned yet. I'm WAY behind schedule. 

We had 2 cars. There was no reason whatsoever some couldn't have continued on as planned. The fact that I didn't want to go should have had no bearing on whether those who wanted to go went. Speaking for myself, I hope I'd never let someone else have so much influence on my own happiness. There were hours of not speaking and general grumpiness. Sheeesh.

No comments: